Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Misery by Stephen King

So as I finished Life of Pi, I needed a new book to read. When I was in Robin Hood's Bay- a small English coastal village in N Yorkshire w Will, Pete, and Sue (Will's parents), we came upon a small book shop and as I am a definite Stephen King fan- I LOVED It- which I read last summer, I bought Misery for a few pounds. I finished it very quickly, as expected- because King makes it hard to put one of his books down when you're into it.

If you've seen the movie- which I refrained from until after finishing the book- it follows roughly the same story line. I read a blog about movie vs. book after I read and watched and apparently Misery fans are split fifty fifty. Many enjoyed the book, while others got into the movie a bit more. I prefer the book, mostly because King is an amazing story teller and knows how to completely gross someone out with just words, while the movie requires fake blood etc for the same effect.

Anyways, for King skeptics- I would say give it a go. He is completely entertaining. Does this count as part of my continuing education? I believe it was an exercise for my brain, as any novel is, so yes I believe it counts. The end for today. Misery receives 3.3/ 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment