Thursday, October 1, 2009

Life of Pi by Yann Martel


Life of Pi by Yann Martel was much different than I expected. It was a great book, but did take a while to get "into."

The first fifty pages or so are a bit slow moving, but stick with it- the book will definitely not disappoint. When the ship sinks, the real story begins. Also, the intermediate returns to the present day by the "author" are somewhat annoying.

That being said, I really loved the book by the end. The passages were beautiful and descriptive. Some parts were a bit gory, but all the interactions between Richard Parker and Pi were intriguing and kept me guessing and wanting more. I was somewhat sad when they found land.

The end is definitely one that will keep you guessing. I like to think the animal story was true:) I would give this 3.4/ 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment