Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hello from America!


A quick update, for myself/ anyone who bothers reading this. I now write to you from America! I am back living at home for the time being. I've been back home since December 17, when my bf William and I traveled over for the holidays. Since we were very busy over the few weeks he was here (and because in the last days of me being in London I was equally swamped!) I haven't updated at all- I understand your sadness! Weep no more though, as I am back to give my opinion on everything happening in the world, books I'm reading, movies I'm watching, etc!
*
Update on my vegetarianism...
Happy to say, still going strong! 46 days, two major holidays and lots of bacon jealousy later, I'm still meatless! Been out to eat lots of times and am discovering its not too hard to find veggie options at all the places I would normally eat at home:) I got two vegan/ vegetarian cookbooks for Christmas which I am eager to try out:)
*
Update on what I'm reading...
Am reading lots of old Newsweeks in a vain attempt to keep up with things I've missed in the past few months- esp. because I love Newsweek (though I must say I hate the new format- they need to bring back the old format!). Read an article I obviously liked- on Fox's un-American news reporting. Talked about how biased they are and how they consistently defend their bias and how their bad reporting is making the other networks bad in an effort to compete with Fox. Obvi I liked the article. Any article that rips on Fox is delightful in my book.
*
Reading 'They take our jobs' by Aviva Chomsky (pretty sure the daughter of Noam) on the myths of why immigration is bad for the US. I may be researching this topic for a while- this book seemed like a good place to start. I'll update on things I like/ dislike etc.
*
Other than that, I'm home, and should have more time to write now! However I do wish my inspiration, my bf William, was here with me still. Sadly, he's now back in London- though I'm counting down the days til I see him!!!
*
PS- I'm also starting a new 'work-out' regimen to go along w/ my healthy eating (for lack of better word) regimen. I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment